Monday, August 5, 2013

MAIL: Get it?

I'd like to get some, that's for sure!

I move to my final site soon so here's my new mailing address for two years.

Packages/small envelopes under a pound usually gets through customs just fine, but anything larger and you should follow a few trucos/tricks:
  • Write "Christian-related" words/phrases on the package.
    • Dios te bendiga (God bless you)
    • Dios te ama (God loves you)
    • Jesus (Jesus)
  • Stickers with crosses, Jesus faces, etc. usually ward off greedy custom agents
  • Writing in red is sort of TABOO so they don't want to mess with that.
  • Address it to "Hermana Cheyenne" (Sister Cheyenne) makes less likely to get stolen
  • NEVER NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER say that its value is over $100. I'll never see that box.
  • When stating what's actually IN the box for customs papers, put things like "office supplies, shoe insoles, etc." because come on, who wants to steal boring stuff?
 
MAILING ADRESS:
Hermana Cheyenne Buelterman
Cuerpo de Paz - Peru
SERPOST Huamachuco
Sánchez Carrión, La Libertad
Peru, S America
 
I eagerly await your palabras! (words)
 
Cheyenne

No comments:

Post a Comment