Thursday, July 25, 2013

And my final site placement is...


Huamachuco, La Libertad! Read more here: Huamachuco, La Libertad

Wow wow wowwwwwww.

Quick note about Field Based Training (FBT) It went well. We did charlas just about every day, did a LOT of traveling, witnessed a road-blocking pueblo strike where police had to throw tear gas and use rubber bullets to get protestors to back down. I had the opportunity to teach an English class, and am starting to see my teaching style show. I got a lot of ideas on what I can do in my final site.
 
I kept thinking I was going to Ancash, and after FBT I was digging it A LOT! Monday after chats, from subtle hints, I found out I wasn't going there at all, and I kinda freaked out. I think what happened is that I didn't know what I wanted. I thought I wanted Ancash and therefore I put this "title" on what my final site was going to be (little did I know). I held onto this as if it were the only thing that was going to make my time in Peace Corps successful. Let's just say Monday was kinda rough. I was realizing that I had to let go of this notion I had created (an unfair prejudice I might add), and it was tough coming to terms with that.  In the following days, however, I was glad I had that opportunity and in the end, I got exactly what I wanted (and never knew). I was excited to go somewhere that I had never been before.
 
 
 
 
Reading about my site and what its needs are, etc., I am feeling good great AWESOME. (Shout out to Sarah on that one). Things are falling into place and now, I have a SITE, a HOST FAMILY, a SITE MATE, a place that belongs to me and will be my home for the next two years.
 
I'm about 5 hours from my capital city so unfortunately, I'll only be going there about once a month. That's when I can get my mail, and soon I hope to be getting that set up.
 
 
 
About everything, I have to be honest, I couldn't be more happier... even if my English grammar is starting to slip. :-)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment