Monday, February 4, 2013

it rhymes with shamu

January 5th, 2013: I receive an email from my placement officer with the title: We are pleased to invite you....” WHOA. I brace myself. Whatever is in this email will guide me for the next 27 months of my life. My heart wants a Spanish-speaking country, but my head knows anywhere would be a blessing of an opportunity. I had to take whatever was in there.

PERU for YOUTH DEVELOPMENT!! The most amazing giddiness swept over me. I suddenly became grateful for this whole year and a half process and for the personal journey I had from beginning to end (and more to come). Sometimes, we have to give up what we want (or we think we want) in order to be humble about what we have (and what will come). Pretty much, I was beside myself for Peru. It's actually the country I had wanted to choose if I could. I had dreams about it a week before selection and the country just kept popping up in my life here and there. AHHHHHHHH.
So next step... passport/visa paperwork, aspiration statement, and updated resume. It's GO TIME BABY!
 
.... This is the last of the past updates.  Onward, it will be current updates. Thanks for following :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment