Monday, February 18, 2013

I GOT SHOT!

... in the arm... with a needle... for a polio booster.

Needless to say I survived. It's been a complex couple of weeks, tracking down old shot records, scanning proof of new shot records, etc.

Because I work for a hospital, I was required to have a urinalysis (peed in a cup) that showed titer (proof) that I was immune to MMR (measles/mumps/rubella), and Varicella (chickenpox). It also showed that I needed to complete my Hep B series (yayyyy.... not.) Something good that came out of this was all of this was paid for by the hospital because it was mandatory for my position (YAYYYYYY).  Part of the "free stuff" was a TB test, a Tdap, flu shot, and the Hep B. This saved about $300 on my part.

Next week, I have an appointment with my doctor for all of the physical stuff (pap smear/general physical) plus lab work (another urinalysis, more titers drawn for other stuff, complete blood count, etc.)

What I am working on in the meantime is still trying to track down a place I can get my yellow fever vacc without having to pay a clinical consultation fee. PC only covers $150 and quotes around here are over $225. I might have to travel to a bigger city like Grand Rapids to find a travel clinic that is more leiniant on their requirements like this.

Sorry this post wasn't super exciting... but it's all business. Going through this experience now, I am thankful for other bloggers who have written their own experience down; it helps me anticipate things easier.

Hasta la proxima, mis quieridos amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment